Stores Captured at Detroit

  • K. J. Lindsey
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
      Hello group,

      Could someone point me to where I can find an inventory of the stores
      captured at Detroit in 1812? Ive looked through my limited library and
      searched the archives here but have not been able to find a
      comprehensive list-just summaries. Thanks in advance!

      Kevin Lindsey
      2nd Michigan
    • glenn stott
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
        Dear List,
        A recent visit to the 41st Regiment's website seemed to reveal a prize list
        awarded to the 41st , their officers and the members of the militia. Ray
        Hobbs may also have more on this.

        Glenn Stott, Royals
      • Tom Fournier
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
          If you can access it, try the Champlain Society's publication
          of "Select British Documents of the Canadian War of 1812" by William
          Woods.

          In Volume 1 you can find the return of captured ordnance and ordnance
          stores.

          Try going online into the Champlain Society

          http://link.library.utoronto.ca/champlain/search.cfm?lang=eng

          Set the "search in" to Title and use "War of 1812" as your search term
          and voila you have the four volumes - all incredible documentary
          history.

          For stores, go into volume 1 and try pages: 494 to 500

          Email me offline if you have problems and I will download the pages as
          PDFs and I can email.

          Good luck!

          Tom Fournier
          41st Regiment of Foot

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "K. J. Lindsey" <union47th@y...>
          wrote:

          > Hello group,
          >
          > Could someone point me to where I can find an inventory of the
          stores
          > captured at Detroit in 1812? Ive looked through my limited library
          and
          > searched the archives here but have not been able to find a
          > comprehensive list-just summaries. Thanks in advance!
          >
          > Kevin Lindsey
          > 2nd Michigan

        • K. J. Lindsey
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
            Tom,
            Thank you very much! I was able to access it, and what a resource it
            is! It was exactly what I was looking for. Of added bonus to me were
            the documents immediately after containing Capt Elliots description
            of the subsequent surrender of the "River Reizen" and its supplies,
            as the 2nd Michigan was (and is) based there. Thanks again!!

            Kevin Lindsey
            2nd Michigan

            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Fournier"