3rd Model Besses to trade for Charlevilles

  • Robin R. Morris
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2005

      I received this message form Craig Russell of the U.S. 15th (and
      organizer of the annual Plattsbsurgh event) this morning and am
      passing it on to 1812 list.

      Regards

      Robin R. Morris

      To All,

      Please spread the word out there if you will. Thanks !

      Craig Russell - 15th US Infantry-Plattsburgh, NY

      Note: forwarded message attached.
      Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection
      around
      http://mail.yahoo.com
      From: Larry Maxwell <Patriot1775@...>
      Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:15:57 -0400
      To: sandymt2@....
      Subject: Musket Question

      Greetings,
      I have 2 very reliable 3rd Model Bess Muskets which we have
      used in our
      4th NY Reenacting unit. They are 2 of our best working muskets
      but they
      really are not appropriate for Rev war. Do you know of any
      contacts
      where I might be able to offer these to trade with War of 1812
      re-enactors who may have an older Charleville or 1st or 2nd
      Model Bess
      thye would like to trade?
      Thank You
      Dr. Larry Maxwell, 4th NY