REPLY: [WarOf1812] Muskets 'n Stuff

  • Gordon Deans
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2005
      Craig and Ray;

      The most common number given for captured stands of arms at Detroit (1812) is 2500. Remember also that I came across a number of references which reported that militia units is western Upper Canada were known to be equipped with actual French muskets from British arsenals (which were so listed) at the beginning of 1812.

      Gord