Historic Merchants Christmas Gathering -- thank you!

  • Susan Spencer
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2005
      Thank you so much to everyone who participated in and attended today's
      Sixth Annual Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering! What a great
      turnout we had -- it was just wonderful to see everyone, and your
      support of the event is very much appreciated. Reports from all of the
      merchants who participated were very favourable -- our new venue at
      Hamilton City Hall seemed to work very well, and it was great to be able
      to bump the number of booths from just over 20 (last year) to over 40!

      A very, very special thanks to our volunteers, many of whom are list
      members -- there is just no way possible that we could have pulled it
      together without you. You've all added significantly to the positive
      column on your Karma accounts on this one!

      As of 11:00ish this morning, we were able to confirm that we'll be back
      at City Hall for next year's Gathering, which we're planning for
      December 2nd, 2006. Any merchants interested in participating should
      contact me off-list at your convenience.

      As always, we're eager to hear feedback of any kind on the event -- any
      and all suggestions will be gratefully received. To avoid clogging up
      things here, please contact me off-list at info@....

      We're also looking for volunteers to help out in the organization stages
      of the event. It's grown so much and so fast that it's more than a bit
      of a handful for our committee of two! If you'd be interested in
      helping out, especially in the September - December crunch time, we'd
      love to hear from you (off-list, of course!).

      Once again, thanks to everyone who helped make today such a special event.

      All the best,
      -- Sioux

      p.s. Woe betide anyone who wakes me up now before Wednesday . . . or
      preferably Thursday!
    • Peter Monahan
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2005
        Thanks you Sue, and Christine and all the Hamilton Vols too for making it another great event! Even good weather! Woow!

        Peter the Happy Cobbler Monahan
        merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
        From: Susan Spencer <susan@...>
        Date: 2005/12/03 Sat PM 08:05:11 EST
        To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, 1812Civilian@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [WarOf1812] Historic Merchants Christmas Gathering -- thank you!

[...]

        petermonahan@...
        705-435-0953 home
      • Carole
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2005
          Susan,
          I just have to thank you and your little elves who helped put this
          event together. It was FANTASTIC....The larger space, more booths,
          airy and relaxed atmosphere just felt great. Several of the visitors
          commented on how relaxing this years Fair was...so to you and your
          helpers Susan....HUZZAHHHHHH!!!
          Carole Jarrell
          Campfollower, 41st Regiment

          PS Now get to sleep and enjoy your new home...:0P