Re: [WarOf1812] Historic Merchants Gathering

  • Susan Spencer
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2005
      J.Bruce Whittaker wrote:

      >Greetings Murray and List,
      > From the Historic Merchants Christmas Gathering site:
      >Saturday, December 3rd, 2005, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
      >in our wonderful new venue:
      >Hamilton City Hall,
      >71 Main Street West (at Bay Street), Hamilton, Ontario
      >There you go. I hope to see many of you there.
      >Best regards,
      >Bruce Whittaker

      Thanks once again, Bruce! If you're not careful, we're going to draft
      you for the committee for next year's event . . . :-)

      Just wanted to add my tuppence 'orth. There is free parking for the
      event behind City Hall -- the drill is to park your vehicle, come inside
      the building and pick up a parking pass from one of our lovely and
      charming charming door volunteers (drawn from the 10th Royal Veterans
      and the Stoney Creek House Guard), then put the pass in your vehicle's
      window so that the commissionaires won't ticket you.

      A map and directions are available through a link from our website at
      www.historicmerchants.com/xmasgathering.html. The parking lot is
      accessible from MacNab, Hunter, and Bay Streets.

      Box lunches will be available onsite, with the proceeds going to help
      support the event for next year. Four and Twenty Blackbirds will also
      be onsite with their usual treats for those of us who suffer from a
      sweet tooth.

      We're up to over 30 merchants (not quite Mississinewa yet, but we're
      working on it!), plus a number of display tables from sites and events
      and of course display and recruiting tables from a variety of local
      re-enactment groups.

      As always, do feel free to call or e-mail if you have any questions.
      I'm now getting to the point where I can't wait for the event to happen
      (and not only because I'm looking forward to actually getting some sleep
      once it's over . . . !).

      Hope to see you there,
      -- Sioux
    • mccombs98