Re: RESPONSE: [WarOf1812] In the beginning . . .at Queenston Heights

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2005
      In a message dated 11/2/2005 10:58:30 AM Central Standard Time,
      gord.deans@... writes:

      Are there any first-hand accounts (or pictures) of these events available to
      clarify if the veterans were in uniform and what actions, if anything else,
      that they performed? With such crowds and dignitaries present, one would
      think that some additional pageantry could have occurred.

      Actualy I have a book on Edward VII produed soon after the coronation (From
      Cradle to Crown) which has lots of wood cuts and photos of the visit to Canada
      in it, I will see what I can find.

    • suthren@magma.ca
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2005
        > In a message dated 11/2/2005 10:58:30 AM Central Standard Time,
        > gord.deans@... writes:
        >
        > Are there any first-hand accounts (or pictures) of these events available
        > clarify if the veterans were in uniform and what actions, if anything
        else,
        > that they performed? With such crowds and dignitaries present, one would
        > think that some additional pageantry could have occurred.
        >

        > Actualy I have a book on Edward VII produed soon after the coronation
        (From
        > Cradle to Crown) which has lots of wood cuts and photos of the visit to
        Canada
        > in it, I will see what I can find.
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Tim

        square miles...

      • suthren@magma.ca
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2005
          In a photo from 1861 a half-dozen 1812 veterans were shown gathered in
          Toronto, Ontario, but all are wearing Victorian suits and top hats, with the
          exception of one old gentleman in an odd militia uniform with a very 1840s
          forage cap.

          Vic Suthren
          > In a message dated 11/2/2005 10:58:30 AM Central Standard Time,
          > gord.deans@... writes:
          >
          > Are there any first-hand accounts (or pictures) of these events available
          > clarify if the veterans were in uniform and what actions, if anything
          else,
          > that they performed? With such crowds and dignitaries present, one would
          > think that some additional pageantry could have occurred.
          >

          > Actualy I have a book on Edward VII produed soon after the coronation
          (From
          > Cradle to Crown) which has lots of wood cuts and photos of the visit to
          Canada
          > in it, I will see what I can find.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Tim