WTS Springfield Carbine & '03 Harpers Ferry

  • Scott McMahon
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2005
      List,

      I'm posting the Springfield Carbine for Lucky Dave Cox. It is a
      1795 Springfield pattern, 1814 date on the lock, carbine bore (.66)
      with carbine clip and sling. This would be a great gun for a mounted
      militia impression. Dave is asking $900 for the gun and it can be
      seen in the SPRINGFIELD & HARPERS FERRY folder in the PHOTOS
      section. Email Dave with questions or comments at
      DavidCox341@....

      I've got an 1803 Harper's Ferry I'm needing to sell and thought I'd
      offer it to y'all before going elsewhere with it. Pictures can be
      found in the SPRINGFIELD & HARPERS FERRY folder.

      I'm a secondhand owner of this particular gun and am not sure how
      old it is but the gun is in very good shape. There are a few minor
      dings and scratches to the stock but the metal is all in good shape.
      The browning on the barrel is still intact and there is still
      blueing on the lock. The only thing that's really wrong with this
      gun is the patchbox tends to pop open from time to time. The lock
      sparks well and goes off consistently and from what I've been told
      the gun shoots straight though I've never put any roundball through
      it myself.

      I failed to look at the markings on the barrel before coming in
      today but there are a list of makers that offer the '03 Harper's
      Ferry. Dixie Gunworks is currently selling their '03 for $850 and
      I'm putting mine up for $650 but I'm willing to haggle a bit if
      you're interested. I've got a hammerstall I'll throw in and I think
      there's a flashguard for it somewhere around here that I'll throw in
      if I can find it. This would make someone a good gun for anything
      from War of 1812 to Texian War of Indepepndence events.

      Feel free to email me at tejanodiablo@... or call me in the
      evenings at 936 399-9944. If you can't reach me by phone at home you
      can try me at work at 979 696-0513 ext. 680. Let me know if you have
      any questions and we'll see you down the trail!

      Dios, libertad y Tejas,
      Scott McMahon
      the ARMY OF THE PEOPLE
      The Kentucky Mustangs