Re: [WarOf1812] Mississinewa 1812

  • PETER CATLEY
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005
      I wish all the lucky participants a marvellous
      weekend, above all have fun, travel safely and take
      care.

      P**
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 14, 2008
        I also echo the accolades of Lady Spencer.

        Mississinewa 1812 was a super event.

        Martin Lake, Rob Trumbull, Steve Abolt, Tim Pickles, Larry Stutt,
        John Gilmour and a list of others too long to list here out did
        themselves to create the best Mississinewa 1812 to date.

        I would be remiss not to mention the Boy Scouts that kept the site
        clean and tidy with their Garbage Patrol and the Brother Masons who
        kept the traffic flowing smoothly. (Rough estimate over 6000 students
        Friday! Saturday broke last years stats)

        Just a heads up - next year's Mississinewa 1812 event will be October
        2 - 4, 2009. Which is a week earlier that this years event.

        Photos are now being posted at
        http://www.mississinewa1812.com/2008/photo01.htm

        Yrs.,
        L2
        PS: Order your 1812 Stuff now - and you will have it in time for the
        2009 Campaign Season.
        Passports take longer to obtain now.
        Clothes, tents and furniture also take time to make. Make your
        Christmas list now . . .

        Sutlers & Merchants
        http://1812crownforces.tripod.com/sutlersmerchants

        United States Forces 1812
        http://usforces1812.tripod.com

        Crown Forces North America 1812
        http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

        WAR Of 1812 Events
        Oct 25-26 Fort Osage Militia Muster - Sibley, MO
        Nov 1-2 Muster on the Wabash - Vincennes, IN
        Nov 7 41st Regiment Lecture Series - Guelph, ON
        Dec 6 Merchants Christmas - Hamilton, ON
      • larrylozon
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 12, 2011
          Thanks to Martin Lake and the Mississinewa Battlefield Society Inc,
          for a fine event. Mississinewa 1812/2011 had fine weather (85°F), 150'ish Sutlers/Merchants and the expertise of Peter Twist and Steve Abolt choreographing battles, the three day event was well worth the drive.

          Yrs.,
          Larry Lozon