Mississinewa 1812

  • lalozon
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005
      I am requested to inform all who are attending ....
      Commanders please inform your troops

      Mississinewa 1812 Marion, Indiana, USA
      ___________________________

      More than 140 merchants, artisans and food purveyors

      More than 20 food purveyors

      Crown Forces Corps of Drums are the guest Fife and Drum unit for 2006

      Free dance, food and beverages (adult beverages!) in the BIG tent Saturday
      evening

      ========

      Weather per The Weather Channel (USA)
      http://search.weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USIN0390.html

      Oct 6 Thursday
      Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the upper 30s.

      Oct 7 Friday
      Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 30s.

      Oct 8 Saturday
      Abundant sunshine. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the low 30s.

      Oct 9 Sunday
      Sunny. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the mid 30s.

      Oct 10 Monday
      A few clouds. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the low 40s.

      If you take an umbrella it WON'T rain

      If you take an overcoat it WON'T be cold

      If you take a wide brimmed hat it WON'T be too sunny
      ========

      If you are crossing at Port Huron or Detroit from Canada

      I-96 W
      I-69 S
      IN18W Exit
      =======

      Clothing Seminar Saturday and Sunday in the big tent

      ========

      Next year, Oct 13-15 Mississinewa 1812 will not be on the Canadian
      Thanksgiving

      Event website: http://www.mississinewa1812.com

      Safe trip - see you there .......

      Yrs.,
      L2
    • PETER CATLEY
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005
        I wish all the lucky participants a marvellous
        weekend, above all have fun, travel safely and take
        care.

        P**
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 14, 2008
          I also echo the accolades of Lady Spencer.

          Mississinewa 1812 was a super event.

          Martin Lake, Rob Trumbull, Steve Abolt, Tim Pickles, Larry Stutt,
          John Gilmour and a list of others too long to list here out did
          themselves to create the best Mississinewa 1812 to date.

          I would be remiss not to mention the Boy Scouts that kept the site
          clean and tidy with their Garbage Patrol and the Brother Masons who
          kept the traffic flowing smoothly. (Rough estimate over 6000 students
          Friday! Saturday broke last years stats)

          Just a heads up - next year's Mississinewa 1812 event will be October
          2 - 4, 2009. Which is a week earlier that this years event.

          Photos are now being posted at
          http://www.mississinewa1812.com/2008/photo01.htm

          Yrs.,
          L2
          PS: Order your 1812 Stuff now - and you will have it in time for the
          2009 Campaign Season.
          Passports take longer to obtain now.
          Clothes, tents and furniture also take time to make. Make your
          Christmas list now . . .

          Sutlers & Merchants
          http://1812crownforces.tripod.com/sutlersmerchants

          United States Forces 1812
          http://usforces1812.tripod.com

          Crown Forces North America 1812
          http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

          WAR Of 1812 Events
          Oct 25-26 Fort Osage Militia Muster - Sibley, MO
          Nov 1-2 Muster on the Wabash - Vincennes, IN
          Nov 7 41st Regiment Lecture Series - Guelph, ON
          Dec 6 Merchants Christmas - Hamilton, ON
        • larrylozon
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 12, 2011
            Thanks to Martin Lake and the Mississinewa Battlefield Society Inc,
            for a fine event. Mississinewa 1812/2011 had fine weather (85°F), 150'ish Sutlers/Merchants and the expertise of Peter Twist and Steve Abolt choreographing battles, the three day event was well worth the drive.

            Yrs.,
            Larry Lozon