Re: Chatham thanks!

  • potter1812
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
      > Welcome especially to Doug Loveland ("Crude Pottery From The Crude
      > Potter"). Many of you will know Doug and Laurie (and kids) from their
      > long careers as re-enactors -- turns out our Doug has been a potter for
      > years, and his wares are well worth checking out next time you see him.

      Thanks, Susan, for your kind words... your esteemed presence is a most
      welcome addition to any event you grace with your attendance.

      And thanks also to those of you who stopped by to browse and, contrary
      to expectations, buy. I may be persuaded to bring the wheel out a few
      times next year...

      > Huzzah to the committee and to all of the volunteers who gave their
      > time, energy, and dedication to make this another good event.

      agreed, always a most enjoyable event... sorry we missed the Sunday.
    • Susan Spencer
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
        Good heavens, I blush (yet again!).

        And I calls 'em as I sees 'em -- it's great to have some good quality,
        authentic pottery on the row in Canada at long last!

        Cheers,
        -- Sioux
      • barrymacgregor
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
          I just wanted to add my thanks to the organizers of Chatham this
          year. As always it was one of the highlights of the season.

          Barry MacGregor

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Susan Spencer <susan@m...> wrote:
          > Big thanks are due to all of the good people who put together and
          ran
          > the Faire at the Forks this past weekend! After a challenging
          kids' day
          > on Friday (3800+ anklebiters!), we settled into a lovely and
          relaxing
          > weekend. The weather was fantastic -- not too hot, not too cold,
          not
          > too wet! From my viewpoint, the merchants' area was better
          organized
          > than ever (thanks especially to Gayle from Four and Twenty
          Blackbirds!),