Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering December 3rd

  • Susan Spencer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2005
      (Apologies for the cross-posting, and to those of you who get this more
      than once . . .)

      Details of the Sixth Annual Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering are
      now settled, and we're delighted to announce that this year's event will
      be held at Hamilton City Hall, 71 Main Street West (at Main and Bay), in
      Hamilton, Ontario, on Saturday, December 3rd, from 10:00 am to 4:00
      p.m. Especially exciting is the news that this year we will be joined
      by the gift shops from the Seven Museums of Hamilton, each of which will
      have a display and sales table to further expand the range of goods
      available for purchase. As in previous years, many of the better
      quality historic merchants from across Ontario will be set up onsite for
      your shopping pleasure. There will also be door prizes, a silent
      auction, and strolling musicians, as well as display tables from
      museums, historic sites, re-enactment groups, and upcoming events.

      Admission this year will be free of charge for everyone, but those who
      come dressed in period garb will be eligible for a special door prize.
      We have arranged free parking for the day in the City Hall parking lot
      (behind City Hall, accessible from MacNab or Bay streets -- love those
      Hamilton one-way streets!). City Hall is also quite easily accessible
      by public transit and GO Trains, and it's a very short walk from the
      "Antiques Alley" Locke Street area.

      Further details will be posted as they are confirmed on the event's
      website at www.HistoricMerchants.com, where you'll also find a link to a
      map to the event.

      If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me off-list at
      info@spencersmercantile, or my event co-chair, Chris Bingham, at
      christine_bingham1@.... Any merchants wishing to participate
      should contact Chris directly for information and an application package.

      Hope to see you there!
      -- Sioux