Chatham thanks!

  • Susan Spencer
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
      Big thanks are due to all of the good people who put together and ran
      the Faire at the Forks this past weekend! After a challenging kids' day
      on Friday (3800+ anklebiters!), we settled into a lovely and relaxing
      weekend. The weather was fantastic -- not too hot, not too cold, not
      too wet! From my viewpoint, the merchants' area was better organized
      than ever (thanks especially to Gayle from Four and Twenty Blackbirds!),
      and it was great to see some new high-quality additions to our number.
      Welcome especially to Doug Loveland ("Crude Pottery From The Crude
      Potter"). Many of you will know Doug and Laurie (and kids) from their
      long careers as re-enactors -- turns out our Doug has been a potter for
      years, and his wares are well worth checking out next time you see him.

      Huzzah to the committee and to all of the volunteers who gave their
      time, energy, and dedication to make this another good event.

      Cheers,
      -- Sioux
    • glifencible
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
        Chatham was a great event to finish up the season for us. See you all
        next year. I've put up some pictures from the weekend.
        http://glengarrylightinfantry.ca

        Regards
        Bill

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Susan Spencer <susan@m...> wrote:
        > Big thanks are due to all of the good people who put together and ran
        > the Faire at the Forks this past weekend! After a challenging kids'
        day
        > on Friday (3800+ anklebiters!), we settled into a lovely and relaxing
        > weekend. The weather was fantastic -- not too hot, not too cold, not
        > too wet! From my viewpoint, the merchants' area was better organized
        > than ever (thanks especially to Gayle from Four and Twenty
        Blackbirds!),
        > and it was great to see some new high-quality additions to our number.
        > Welcome especially to Doug Loveland ("Crude Pottery From The Crude
        > Potter"). Many of you will know Doug and Laurie (and kids) from their
        > long careers as re-enactors -- turns out our Doug has been a potter for
        > years, and his wares are well worth checking out next time you see him.
        >
        > Huzzah to the committee and to all of the volunteers who gave their
        > time, energy, and dedication to make this another good event.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > -- Sioux
      • potter1812
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
          > Welcome especially to Doug Loveland ("Crude Pottery From The Crude
          > Potter"). Many of you will know Doug and Laurie (and kids) from their
          > long careers as re-enactors -- turns out our Doug has been a potter for
          > years, and his wares are well worth checking out next time you see him.

          Thanks, Susan, for your kind words... your esteemed presence is a most
          welcome addition to any event you grace with your attendance.

          And thanks also to those of you who stopped by to browse and, contrary
          to expectations, buy. I may be persuaded to bring the wheel out a few
          times next year...

          > Huzzah to the committee and to all of the volunteers who gave their
          > time, energy, and dedication to make this another good event.

          agreed, always a most enjoyable event... sorry we missed the Sunday.
        • Susan Spencer
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
            Good heavens, I blush (yet again!).

            And I calls 'em as I sees 'em -- it's great to have some good quality,
            authentic pottery on the row in Canada at long last!

            Cheers,
            -- Sioux
          • barrymacgregor
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
              I just wanted to add my thanks to the organizers of Chatham this
              year. As always it was one of the highlights of the season.

              Barry MacGregor