Re: Recon Report - JPPM

  • Rick Peterson
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30 6:57 AM
      As a supporter of this event for quite a few years now, I would
      wholeheartedly encourage as many who can, to make it in '08. In the
      past, many have turned the trip into a mini-vacation. Some of the
      89th stopped at Gettysburg on the way down, and members of the RNR
      continued south through beautiful Virginia.
      Those located near the Niagara region can fly from Buffalo to
      Baltimore in about an hour for about $150 US round trip.
      As Ed mentioned, the site is huge, very beautiful, and perfect for a
      Grand Tactical. All that is needed is Grand Participation.

      YH&OSvt.
      Rick Peterson

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "LCpl_rm" <LCpl_RM@c...> wrote:
      > Kevin et al,
      >
      > This years weather was in the upper 70's and overcast. The problem
      with Maryland is the humidity and it played a small part during
      saturday's engagements with the muskets quickly "gunking" up.

      > With an eye for '08, Ship's Company took to their boats and did a
      close inshore inspection to determine other landing spots along the
      shoreline. My son and I walked the edges of the
      future "battlefields" and actually found another field we didn't even
      know existed. Also found a pond which though a short distance from
      the road is hidden by a rise in the ground. We have topographical
      maps of the park and will probably go back in the middle of winter to
      rewalk the fields while there is no or little vegetation.

      > Cheers,
      > Ed Seufert, Cpl
      > 1812 Royal Marines

      fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...