Re: Re: [WarOf1812] British rations

  • PEGGY MATHEWS
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 21, 2005
      Thanks Peter, sounds good to me!

      Michael Mathews

      "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the
      opportunity in every difficulty." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
      My suggestion was that things like the peas and rice might have been wrapped in twists of cloth, even if (as others seem to think)the meat and cheese were laid in the ahevsrack in the raw.

      Peter M

      From: "PEGGY MATHEWS" <ciefranche21e@...<mailto:ciefranche21e@...>>
      Date: 2005/09/21 Wed PM 04:30:14 EST
      To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com<mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>>
      Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] British rations

      Perfecto! What I thought I knew, good to get confirmation. Now was there a message from Peter M. too that I didn't see? Something about cheesecloth and twists and such? It hasn't come through yet if it's new.

      Tx,
      Michael