2005 Grand Tactical Video Clips

  • Raimund Bubelis
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 2005
      Esteemed List,

      I have finally edited and posted videos of the three actions at Fort
      George from the 2005 Grand
      Tactical.

      American Landing:
      http://www.napoleonicminiatureswargame.com/GT2005.USlandingVideos.htm

      American Evening Assault of Fort George:
      http://www.napoleonicminiatureswargame.com/GT2005.USAssaultVideos.htm

      British Afternoon Assault of Fort George:
      http://www.napoleonicminiatureswargame.com/GT2005.BRAssaultVideos.htm

      I would appreciate input regarding the captions which were, by my
      own admission, hastily drafted. Please email with suggestions.

      Thank you,
      Raimund
      NMWST
    • Raimund Bubelis
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 20, 2005
        Looks like the addresses were clipped:

        American Landing:
        www.napoleonicminiatureswargame.com/GT2005.USlandingVideos.html

        American Evening Assault of Fort George:
        www.napoleonicminiatureswargame.com/GT2005.USAssaultVideos.html

        British Afternoon Assault of Fort George:
        www.napoleonicminiatureswargame.com/GT2005.BRAssaultVideos.html

        With apologies,
        Raimund

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Raimund Bubelis" <rkbubelis@n...>

      • BritcomHMP@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2005
          Obviously Katrina has changed things in St. Bernard Parish and we have yet to get all the details though I hope to have most of the points sorted out by the end of this week so that I can brief everyone at Mississinewa.
          Firstly it looks as though the NPS will not be having a commemoration next year, at least officially, however St, Bernard Parish is determined that the Torres Park re-enactment WILL go ahead though they would prefer to have it on the previous weekend to that previously announced (by the NPS) which would be the actual anniversary weekend, the 7th and 8th January.

          Doing this would probably mean that we would 'flip' our venues, spending most of Saturday at Torres Park with a short trip over to the battlefield to have a commemoration ceremony. The likely scenario here is to to have the commemoration in the morning and the re-enactment in the afternoon with the rest of the day being used as display time for people coming to Torres Park.

          This will be the first tourist event in St. Bernard since Katrina devastated the place, we will have a very significant part in helping that community pick itself up and get working again, here is a real way that we can truly help the victims of Katrina by doing what we know, love and do best. It is an opportunity that may never come again and certainly one that we will be able to look back on with pride.

          As a bonus I am looking into us taking part in the Battle of New Orleans commemorations on Sunday in Jackson Square with the various historical societies, again a great opportunity to show we care and to win friends and influence people.

          As an added bonus the exhibition 'The Terrible and the Brave, the Battle of New Orleans' will still be running through the 8th of January so you will be able to see that while you are there too. Steve Abolt and I are still working out the details but this will be one of the most significant commemoration weekends ever.

          God bless you all,