Re: [WarOf1812] RE: The future of 1812 reenacting

  • PETER CATLEY
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 2, 2005
      good to hear that it isn't a real problem, but at most
      boarders in Europe (Excluding the UK :-)) we don't
      even slow down now!

      Cheers

      P**
      --- Armchairadm@... wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Terry & Peter

      Distance, among other things, is relative. As they
      say the difference
      between an Englishman & an American (or Canadian for
      that matter) is that an
      Englishman thinks 100 miles is long way, while an
      American thinks 100 years is a long
      time.

      Peter, the hassles crossing the border are highly
      overblown. I've crossed
      with musket and powder 5 or 6 times a year since the
      late 80's and only once had
      a problem going either way, and that was going into
      Canada.

      Ed B

      The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the
      fate of hundreds of square miles: in North America,
      hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS of square
      miles...

      ---------------------------------
      Crown Forces Unit Listing:
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

      American Forces Unit Listing
      http://usforces1812.tripod.com

      United
      kingdom Living
      history United
      state history
      War of 1812

      Terms of Service.

      ---------------------------------
    • lalozon
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 2, 2005
        From: "Ed Bolla" <Armchairadm@...>

        "... the hassles crossing the border are highly overblown ...

        Ed,

        I agree with you, crossing the USA-Canadian border is painless.

        I spent my misspent youth in Detroit, which was only a 45 minute drive from
        my home and crossing the CanUSA border is less painful than parking one's
        car in a down town parking lot !

        Yrs.,

        L2
      • Kevin Windsor
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 2, 2005
          and you still haven't stopped bitching about paying for that permit!! ;-P
          <VBG>

        • Armchairadm@cs.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 3, 2005
            Permit, we don't no stinkin' Permit!