Re: [WarOf1812] RE: The future of 1812 reenacting

  • Armchairadm@cs.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 2, 2005
      Terry & Peter

      Distance, among other things, is relative. As they say the difference
      between an Englishman & an American (or Canadian for that matter) is that an
      Englishman thinks 100 miles is long way, while an American thinks 100 years is a long
      time.

      Peter, the hassles crossing the border are highly overblown. I've crossed
      with musket and powder 5 or 6 times a year since the late 80's and only once had
      a problem going either way, and that was going into Canada.

      Ed B

    • PETER CATLEY
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 2, 2005
        good to hear that it isn't a real problem, but at most
        boarders in Europe (Excluding the UK :-)) we don't
        even slow down now!

        Cheers

        P**
        --- Armchairadm@... wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        Terry & Peter

        Distance, among other things, is relative. As they
        say the difference
        between an Englishman & an American (or Canadian for
        that matter) is that an
        Englishman thinks 100 miles is long way, while an
        American thinks 100 years is a long
        time.

        Peter, the hassles crossing the border are highly
        overblown. I've crossed
        with musket and powder 5 or 6 times a year since the
        late 80's and only once had
        a problem going either way, and that was going into
        Canada.

        Ed B

        The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the
        fate of hundreds of square miles: in North America,
        hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS of square
        miles...

        ---------------------------------
        Crown Forces Unit Listing:
        http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

        American Forces Unit Listing
        http://usforces1812.tripod.com

        United
        kingdom Living
        history United
        state history
        War of 1812

        Terms of Service.

        ---------------------------------
      • lalozon
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 2, 2005
          From: "Ed Bolla" <Armchairadm@...>

          "... the hassles crossing the border are highly overblown ...

          Ed,

          I agree with you, crossing the USA-Canadian border is painless.

          I spent my misspent youth in Detroit, which was only a 45 minute drive from
          my home and crossing the CanUSA border is less painful than parking one's
          car in a down town parking lot !

          Yrs.,

          L2
        • Kevin Windsor
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 2, 2005
            and you still haven't stopped bitching about paying for that permit!! ;-P
            <VBG>

          • Armchairadm@cs.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 3, 2005
              Permit, we don't no stinkin' Permit!