Re: Ft. Niagara/too many events - now Finding Events

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 1, 2005
      Greetings Don and all List,
      If you're going to be travelling through the Chesapeake Bay region,
      you can check out a maintained events list at the site below:

      http://www.chesapeake1812.com/

      Visit it, bookmark it, and by all means, come on down. For those
      looking for War of 1812 living history groups in the region, you can
      find links to several of them.

      Check the site regularly, as sum uv us 'r jes now gettin 'lectricity
      and lurnin' ta tipe. Won't be long afore mor of us 'r puttin our web
      sytes up ther fur linx. :>) [Oops sorry, this lapse occurs when you
      get too close to Washington, DC.]

      Dave Welch
      Sadtler's Baltimore Yagers Company
      Fifth Reg't, Maryland Militia

      <snip><snip>

      > With computers being so extremely common now, if the event
      > organizers could post up a very simple event flyer with info,
      > directions, etc. We could print them off on the old home computer,
      > and post them up in our own communities. Voila, instant free
      > advertising.

      <snip><snip>

      > Don Ruetten
      > GLI
    • John Harris
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 1, 2006
        On behalf of the US forces in attendance, I would also like to thank
        Doug and staff for all their hard work for this past weekend !!!
        Once
        again , your hospitality was outstanding !! A GREAT TIME was had by
        all !!
        To my fellow Canadian's who had the "kahonna's" to cross
        the "dreaded
        border", no more need be said. For those of you who didn't cross the
        border,.... no more need be said.... Except this: What are you going
        do for the next TWO Grand tacticals??? 2007 Ft. Niagara , 2008
        Maryland.
        I sound like a broken record here. Every year after Ft, Niagara , I
        ask the same question and flog the same dead horse : Where was
        everyone??
        Cut through the crap people and give your head a shake! Get modern
        politics out of the scene and get yourself out to the US events .
        If anyone wants to talk to me about this, I'll be at Ft. Erie on the
        US command or you can contact me off list so as not to clog the
        inboxes
        of everyone.
        Regards
        John Harris