Re: [WarOf1812] Shako Question

  • ray hobbs
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1 5:30 AM
      Dave:
      The 1802 Infantry Clothing Regulations describe the cap ("Stovepipe
      shako") as "Conformable to a Pattern left at the Controllers Office of
      Army Accounts". Not very helpful, but when one looks at the archives,
      one now knows what to look for.
      The only other dimension given in the 1802 regs. is that it is "to be
      made of sufficient Size as to come completely on the head". It is also
      to be worn "Straight and Even and brought forward well over the Eyes".

      As for height - I have seen a variety of heights in the hobby.

      1/2 cent worth
      Ray
      41st,

      On Wednesday, August 31, 2005, at 10:36 PM, DAVID BRUNELLE wrote:

      > Dear List,
      >
      >     I had a e-mail questions from someone asking me the following:
      >
      > I was just wondering, what are the dimensions of a standard stove pipe
      > shako?
      >
      > If anyone has this information readily available that would be great!!
      >
      > Thanks!!
      >
      > Dave Brunelle

      > THOUSANDS of square miles...

      >    ---------------------------------
      > Crown Forces Unit Listing:
      > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
      >
      > American Forces Unit Listing
      > http://usforces1812.tripod.com

      <image.tiff>

      <image.tiff>

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >
      > +  Visit your group "WarOf1812" on the web.

      <image.tiff>

    • DAVID BRUNELLE
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1 7:46 AM
        Thanks Ray!

        Dave

        The 1802 Infantry Clothing Regulations describe the cap ("Stovepipe
        shako") as "Conformable to a Pattern left at the Controllers Office of
        Army Accounts". Not very helpful, but when one looks at the archives,
        one now knows what to look for.
        The only other dimension given in the 1802 regs. is that it is "to be
        made of sufficient Size as to come completely on the head". It is also
        to be worn "Straight and Even and brought forward well over the Eyes".

        As for height - I have seen a variety of heights in the hobby.

        1/2 cent worth
        Ray
        41st,

        On Wednesday, August 31, 2005, at 10:36 PM, DAVID BRUNELLE wrote:

        > Dear List,
        >
        > I had a e-mail questions from someone asking me the following:
        >
        > I was just wondering, what are the dimensions of a standard stove pipe
        > shako?
        >
        > If anyone has this information readily available that would be great!!
        >
        > Thanks!!
        >
        > Dave Brunelle

        > THOUSANDS of square miles...

        > ---------------------------------
        > Crown Forces Unit Listing:
        > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
        >
        > American Forces Unit Listing
        > http://usforces1812.tripod.com

        <image.tiff>

        <image.tiff>

        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > + Visit your group "WarOf1812" on the web.
        >
        > + To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
        >
        > + Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

        <image.tiff>

        Crown Forces Unit Listing:
        http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

        American Forces Unit Listing