Re: Ft. Niagara/too many events

  • tracyforsyth2001
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 31, 2005
      Finding out the event HAPPENED with nice pictures in the paper is
      usually the publicity the events get.
      We were surprised this year that the sign in the field for Fort
      George this year didn't advertise either the re enactment or the
      drum/ fife muster events.Sometimes there is an ad in the local papers
      under events.To find out what events are happening I end up going to
      the tourist information booths and get brouchures for the niagara
      area.
      Tracy

      > This is an excellent point, and I'm surprised it doesn't come up
      > more often !!
      >
      > I'm a new guy in this hobby, and I was almost 40 years old before
      > even knew such a thing as re-enactments existed. They are
      practically
      > unheard of by the general public and even if you read something
      about
      > one (rare), it's generally after the fact.
      >

      > Don Ruetten
      > GLI
    • John Harris
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 1, 2006
        On behalf of the US forces in attendance, I would also like to thank
        Doug and staff for all their hard work for this past weekend !!!
        Once
        again , your hospitality was outstanding !! A GREAT TIME was had by
        all !!
        To my fellow Canadian's who had the "kahonna's" to cross
        the "dreaded
        border", no more need be said. For those of you who didn't cross the
        border,.... no more need be said.... Except this: What are you going
        do for the next TWO Grand tacticals??? 2007 Ft. Niagara , 2008
        Maryland.
        I sound like a broken record here. Every year after Ft, Niagara , I
        ask the same question and flog the same dead horse : Where was
        everyone??
        Cut through the crap people and give your head a shake! Get modern
        politics out of the scene and get yourself out to the US events .
        If anyone wants to talk to me about this, I'll be at Ft. Erie on the
        US command or you can contact me off list so as not to clog the
        inboxes
        of everyone.
        Regards
        John Harris