RE: View of Chalmette

  • John Harris
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2005
      After being down to the Chalmette event for the first time this year in
      January , it is with utter disbelief that I see the city under water ! I
      feel that I have been lucky to have been there before this tragedy . "They"
      say a picture is worth a thousand words, all I can say is " Holy S**t" !!!
      My thought's are with all our "southern " comrades . It'll be a major uphill
      battle, but the "Big Easy" will prevail !!
      I just hope that the battlefield doesn't become like Chrysler's Farm.
      Remembered but permanently under water!
      Respectfully
      John Harris
      22nd US Infantry