WORD FROM NEW ORLEANS!!!!

  • sacbg7
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2005
      List,

      Cynda and I have at last made contact with Tim Pickles, and also
      received a communication from Tim Strain down in New Orleans and St.
      Bernard Parish. Both have asked me to communicate this with you.

      Tim Pickles is fine. His place miraculously was above water.
      Currently both airports and about 80% of the city are underwater. He
      has no power or anyway to charge his cell phone. He thanks all for
      their concern and asks not to call as he will be keeping the cell
      phone off and using it to try and communicate with us when he can.

      Tim Strain, of Plauche's Battalion resides in St. Bernard Parish,
      where the Chalmette Batlefield is. He is currently taking refuge
      with his family in Panama City Beach FL. St. Bernard Parish is, in
      many places, 10' under water. The restaurant, at the end of the
      street where he lives has been destroyed. Over 40,000 homes have
      flooded in the Parish. The twin spans of the I-10 bridge from Slidell
      into New Orleans are gone. The causeway across Lake Pontchtrain is
      carrying emergency traffic, but it appears whole sections have been
      moved.

      Tim Strain spoke with Darren Nunez of the 93rd last night and said he
      was safe in Houston with his family. Cathy Cantrell, has either left
      town, or is on extended duty at the LSU Medical center next to the
      Superdome.

      I have been trying to reach Ranger Danny Forbis of Chalmette who
      resides in Slidell. Nothing is currently getting through. The NPS
      has no current reports on the state of Chalmette, or any of the other
      parks in that area.

      Both Tim's wanted to say thanks to all of you and please remember to
      keep them, and all the Gulf coast residents in our prayers.

      I will keep you informed when I hear more back from them.

      Sincerely,
      Steve Abolt