Civilian clothing

  • johnogden@darksleep.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3 7:59 AM
      All-
      Appropos of nothing, I seem to recall seeing (some years ago) a
      pattern for a tailcoat, possibly by Rocking Horse Farm, for sale by
      various sutlers. This has apparently gone out of print in the
      intervening years, and so I was wondering if anyone would know of a
      remaindered or used copy available anywhere. Alternatively, a full
      scale photocopy would be just as useful, and I will happily pay for
      said service (not cheap, I know). Reply either off- or on-list as
      I'm sure I'm not the only person looking for such things. I sign
      myself and remain...

      Your servant,

      John Ogden
      17th US Inf. (probationary and temporarily overseas)
    • lalozon
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3 8:34 AM
        ==============================

        "TO: CROWN FORCES NORTH AMERICA"

        Unit Commanders,

        Please Inform your members

        ==============================

        I am directed to forward the following

        L. Lozon ~ AdC
        ==============================

        Crown Forces North America
        July 18, 2005

        Mr. Pickles, Commander, Crown Forces North America

        Sir,

        It was with great pleasure I was able to be at your side during the
        Annual 1812 Grand Tactical, Ft. George, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Upper Canada
        July 16-17 this instant.

        Congratulations to the Crown Forces North America for the large turnout
        and a fine showing both in the camps and on the battlefield. The Colour
        Parties of the Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada and the 89th Regiment of
        Foot added much regality to the Crown Forces line as did the music of the
        Crown Forces Corps of Drums, Fort York Fifes and Drums and the Fort George
        Fifes and Drums.

        Your troops consisted of 1st Regt. Grenadier Co., 1st Regt. Light Co.,
        6th Regt. Light Co., 8th Regt. Grenadier Co., 41st Regt. Line Co., 41st
        Regt. Ft. George Guard, 49th Regt. Line Co., 49th Regt. Grenadier Co.,
        89th Regt. Grenadier Co., Royal Marines, Royal Newfoundland Regt.,
        Canadian Fencible Regt., Canadian Fencibles Ft.York Guard, Glengarry Light
        Fencible Regt., Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada and Lincoln Militia.

        The Crown Forces North American Military Camp was under the scrutiny of
        Doug DeCroix and the 6th (1st Warwickshire) Regt. who acted as Provost. The
        Navy Camp was under Commander Victor Suthren. The Crown Forces Militia Camp
        inside the fort was the charge of Sgt. Richard Feltoe

        The weekend battle scenarios were spectacular from the tall ship landing
        in the village to the fort side tacticals.

        My thanks to all USA Forces and their commanders who attended.

        The next Crown Forces Event will be August 20-21 at Fort Niagara,
        Youngstown, N.Y. and all Crown Forces are encouraged to attend.

        Your Servant

        Peter Twist
        Brigadier General

        ___________
      • Peter Monahan
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3 10:03 AM
          Mr. Pickles may also wish to note the presence on the field at Ft George of a small but determined contingent from the North West, made up of members of the DeMeuron Reg't, De Watteville's Reg't and one member of the 37th of Foot.

          Yrs etc,
          P. Monahan, Sgt, RNR
          From: "lalozon" <lalozon@...>
          Date: 2005/08/03 Wed AM 11:34:22 EST

[...]