Fort Malden thanks!

  • Susan Spencer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2005
      A big thank you to John MacLeod and all of the staff and volunteers at
      Fort Malden for making this past weekend's event one of the most
      enjoyable so far! If you didn't go, you missed a wonderful time. Not
      only is Fort Malden one of the most beautiful sites in Ontario --
      perched on the riverbank under mature trees, looking across at the US --
      the site's staff and volunteers are just a super group who did
      everything they could to make us feel welcomed and well looked after.
      And what an interesting turnout of re-enactors there was -- someone of
      pretty much every stripe, it seemed, from Vikings and Romans right
      through to a very enthusiastic WWII unit. And the public was great!
      Far more than I've ever seen there in the past, and all enthusiastic and
      full of good questions.

      Amherstburg (Ontario) is really not that far away from the Centre of the
      Universe (Toronto), and it's darned close to Detroit, Toledo, and
      Windsor. Do consider marking this event on your calendar for next year
      for the August long weekend -- the ranks of 1812ers were decidedly thin
      this year, and given the importance of the site in our period, that was
      a pity.

      Well done, John and crew -- please reserve my spot under the trees for
      me for next year!

      Cheers,
      -- Sioux