Colonial Kensington Event Aug 13-14

  • David Marquis
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2005
      Your Invitation to the 6th Annual Colonial Kensington

      1700 – 1796 Era, Kensington Metro Park, Milford, MI.
      August 13, 14 2005 Sat 9:00 – 6:00, Sun 9:00 – 4:00

      Colonial Kensington is our 6th annual historic encampment and
      reenactment that presents the years 1700 to 1796. The event is located
      within Kensington Metro Park at Martindale Beach.
      Each year features hundreds of historically dressed reenactors, craft
      and trades persons, as well as historic Merchants where you may
      purchase hand crafted items made like they were in the 18th century.
      Past events have featured several historic watercraft being launched
      from our water front encampments including a 25 foot ship's boat with
      two swivel guns. These historic craft are put to good use during
      several 'tactical' exercises.

      Colonial Kensington and Kensington Metro Park offer a natural and
      authentic setting for those interested in seeing the history of the
      18th Century. Our site offers unlimited space for all time periods and
      impressions; F&I, British, French and Native Camps, RevWar era
      British, American, French and Native Camps, all being separate from
      each other.

      Tactical situations are offered for the benefit of the
      spectators/general public later in the afternoons.

      For more information call 248-366-8328, or visit
      http://www.geocities.com/colonialkensington

      Pvt. Marquis
      QM Grants' 42d RHR