Grand Tactical Photos

  • Tom Fournier
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 17, 2005
      Hello List

      I will echo some themes ...

      Hot ... oh man was it hot!

      Saturday night battle ...an incredible experience, everything from
      the echos across the river to the dense smoke clinging to the ground
      to the huge numbers on both sides supported by an energetic and
      enthusiastic crowd!

      Incredible re-enactors from all over whose efforts to travel to the
      Grand Tactical made it such a great event!

      Great photos Bill!

      I have posted a few photos from one of the 41st cams. We had no one
      to photograph the beach landing but did get some shots of the
      Saturday night battle. Please be warned, the photos are dark and
      grainy as it was very dark, smokey and foggy on the battlefield.
      Plus, Yahoo really reduces the quality of the image. Try viewing the
      darker ones as "full size" and they work out not too bad.

      Everyone take care, wishing you safe travels home.

      Tom Fournier
      41st Regiment of Foot
    • Paul Kelly
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 18, 2005
        Bill, Tom and List

        Great pictures yet again in the photo section. The rain, smoke and
        fog certainly challenged everyone's camera equipment!
        We have also added some pictures in the Grand Tactical folder of the
        Photos Section c/o the IMUC&Campfollower-cams. Additonal pictures
        will be posted at www.imuc.org shortly.

        To Dave Webb, his staff and volunteers and to all the organizers on
        the Crown Forces North America staff, thank you from the
        Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada for a very well run event.
        It lived up to its name, being a "GRAND tactical"!

        Paul Kelly
        Secretary
        military Re-Enactment Society of Canada

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Fournier"
        <tom4141fournier@y...> wrote:
        > Hello List
        >
        > I will echo some themes ...
        >
        > Hot ... oh man was it hot!
        >
        > Saturday night battle ...an incredible experience, everything from
        > the echos across the river to the dense smoke clinging to the
        ground
        > to the huge numbers on both sides supported by an energetic and
        > enthusiastic crowd!
        >
        > Incredible re-enactors from all over whose efforts to travel to
        the
        > Grand Tactical made it such a great event!
        >
        > Great photos Bill!
        >
        > I have posted a few photos from one of the 41st cams. We had no
        one
        > to photograph the beach landing but did get some shots of the
        > Saturday night battle. Please be warned, the photos are dark and
        > grainy as it was very dark, smokey and foggy on the battlefield.
        > Plus, Yahoo really reduces the quality of the image. Try viewing
        the
        > darker ones as "full size" and they work out not too bad.
        >
        > Everyone take care, wishing you safe travels home.
        >
        > Tom Fournier
        > 41st Regiment of Foot
      • DAVID BRUNELLE
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 18, 2005
          Dear List,

          I would also like to congratulate Dave Webb and his staff for a great event as well as the Friends of Fort George for putting together very well organized breakfasts and lunches. Great Job!!

          David Brunelle
          Royal Newfoundland Regiment
          Glengarry Light Infantry

          <tom4141fournier@y...> wrote:
          > Hello List
          >
          > I will echo some themes ...
          >
          > Hot ... oh man was it hot!
          >
          > Saturday night battle ...an incredible experience, everything from
          > the echos across the river to the dense smoke clinging to the
          ground
          > to the huge numbers on both sides supported by an energetic and
          > enthusiastic crowd!
          >
          > Incredible re-enactors from all over whose efforts to travel to
          the
          > Grand Tactical made it such a great event!
          >
          > Great photos Bill!
          >
          > I have posted a few photos from one of the 41st cams. We had no
          one
          > to photograph the beach landing but did get some shots of the
          > Saturday night battle. Please be warned, the photos are dark and
          > grainy as it was very dark, smokey and foggy on the battlefield.
          > Plus, Yahoo really reduces the quality of the image. Try viewing
          the
          > darker ones as "full size" and they work out not too bad.
          >
          > Everyone take care, wishing you safe travels home.
          >
          > Tom Fournier
          > 41st Regiment of Foot

          ---------------------------------
          Crown Forces Unit Listing:
          http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

          American Forces Unit Listing
          http://usforces1812.tripod.com

        • Tom Fournier
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 18, 2005
            Great pictures Paul!

            So happy to see shots of the naval landing - I got to see so little
            of it with my role being that of being marched out in a late wave and
            then promptly getting killed.

            Might have to attend one of these as a spectator to see everthing
            going on ...but wait, then I will miss the opportunity to play!

            Tom

            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Kelly" <kellys1812@r...>
            wrote:
            > Bill, Tom and List
            >
            > Great pictures yet again in the photo section. The rain, smoke and
            > fog certainly challenged everyone's camera equipment!
            > We have also added some pictures in the Grand Tactical folder of
            the
            > Photos Section c/o the IMUC&Campfollower-cams. Additonal pictures
            > will be posted at www.imuc.org shortly.
            >
            > To Dave Webb, his staff and volunteers and to all the organizers on
            > the Crown Forces North America staff, thank you from the
            > Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada for a very well run event.
            > It lived up to its name, being a "GRAND tactical"!
            >
            > Paul Kelly
            > Secretary
            > military Re-Enactment Society of Canada
            >
            > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Fournier"
            > <tom4141fournier@y...> wrote:
            > > Hello List
            > >
            > > I will echo some themes ...
            > >
            > > Hot ... oh man was it hot!
            > >
            > > Saturday night battle ...an incredible experience, everything
            from
            > > the echos across the river to the dense smoke clinging to the
            > ground
            > > to the huge numbers on both sides supported by an energetic and
            > > enthusiastic crowd!
            > >
            > > Incredible re-enactors from all over whose efforts to travel to
            > the
            > > Grand Tactical made it such a great event!
            > >
            > > Great photos Bill!
            > >
            > > I have posted a few photos from one of the 41st cams. We had no
            > one
            > > to photograph the beach landing but did get some shots of the
            > > Saturday night battle. Please be warned, the photos are dark and
            > > grainy as it was very dark, smokey and foggy on the battlefield.
            > > Plus, Yahoo really reduces the quality of the image. Try viewing
            > the
            > > darker ones as "full size" and they work out not too bad.
            > >
            > > Everyone take care, wishing you safe travels home.
            > >
            > > Tom Fournier
            > > 41st Regiment of Foot
          • lalozon
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 18, 2005
              From: "Paul Kelly" <kellys1812@...>

              " ... We have also added some pictures in the Grand Tactical folder of the
              Photos Section ...

              .. To Dave Webb, his staff and volunteers and to all the organizers on the
              Crown Forces North America staff, thank you from the Incorporated Militia
              of Upper Canada for a very well run event. It lived up to its name, being a
              "GRAND tactical"! ..."

              Mr. Kelly, Bill, Tom et all 1812'ers

              A "GRAND" Tactical it was! ... the photos are Superb! ... thank you all
              again for capturing the moment.

              I take the liberty of mentioning Peter Twist, Steve Abolt, Rob Trumble,
              Betsy Bashore, Ken Hall, Tim Pickles and their committee for the thought of
              an Annual 1812 Grand Tactical ... the one Big 1812 event each year that will
              move from the USA to Canada every other year.

              As we unpack our vehicles, wash our clothes and dry our tents, a
              committee is working on the 2006 Annual 1812 Grand Tactical.

              Steve Abolt, Ed Seufert, Michael Mathews and their committee are hard at
              work choosing a site in the USA for the next year's 1812 Grand Tactical.

              The site and date will be announced as soon as confirmation is made with
              the site officials. As the 2006 1812 Grand Tactical is planned, work is also
              being carried out on the organization of the 2007 and 2008 1812 Grand
              Tacticals.

              If you know of a site in Canada or the USA that can support
              approximately 1000 re-enactors, tall ships, enough room to deploy cavalry,
              has an 1812 connection, has the funds to present an 1812 Grand Tactical and
              is willing to do so, please have that site contact this writer.

              Thanks to all who organized and attended ... and to those who didn't,
              the photos will prove you missed a good one.

              Unit Commanders: please inform your troops who may not receive this
              communiqué.

              Yrs.,

              Larry Lozon
              PS: An Official Crown Forces Dispatch will be forthcoming
            • Carole
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 18, 2005
                Hello to all,

                I've posted some extra photo's in the 41st Cam section under Cam 2.
                All I can say about the weekend is, *AWESOME*, enjoy the photo's and
                excellent pics Paul and Bill. Hoping to see many of you at Fort Erie!!!

                Huzzah,
                Carole
                Campfollower, 41st Regiment
              • Tom Fournier
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 26, 2006
                  Hello List

                  Huzzah to all involved!

                  What an incredible weekend!

                  I have posted the photographic efforts of our campfollowers, Andrea
                  and Carole on our website:

                  www.fortyfirst.org

                  I had a hard time to limiting myself to 80 or so pictures with
                  hundreds to chose from!

                  Until the next event.

                  Tom Fournier
                  41st Regiment of Foot
                • Kylie Hewitt
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 29, 2007
                    Hello All,

                    I am a new member of the list and I see that a brief introduction is
                    in order.

                    My main area of interest is the Royal Navy during the Napoleonic Wars.
                    However, in the past few years I have had the opportunity to attend
                    two Grand Tacticals and I have found my interest in War of 1812
                    re-enactments growing.

                    I have joined the list to have access to up-to-date information about
                    future re-enactments.

                    I would also appreciate help with captions for my photos from the last
                    two Grand Tacticals. I'd like to add the names of the regiments to
                    the captions.

                    A member of the 1812 Civilians list was kind enough to provide me with
                    some captions for the Crown side of Niagara event. But I am woefully
                    lacking in captions for the US side for both years and the Crown
                    regiments for 2006.

                    If anyone on the list is associated with the units in the photos and
                    would like .jpg versions of the photos please contact me off list.

                    http://picasaweb.google.com/librown13203/WarOf1812GrandTactical2007
                    http://tinyurl.com/36uqru

                    http://picasaweb.google.com/librown13203/WarOf1812GrandTactical2006
                    http://tinyurl.com/2kc84c

                    Merci,

                    Vive
                  • tom4141fournier
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 2, 2010
                      Good afternoon list

                      You can find some photos from the weekend on our website:

                      www.fortyfirst.org

                      Our special thanks to our good friend Maurice DePas for wielding the 41st cam and taking some outstanding pictures. You get the feeling of marching with the 41st through a couple of battle scenarios.

                      Thanks,

                      Tom Fournier
                      41st Regiment
                    • Victor Suthren
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 2, 2010
                        Your lads look so good, Tom. Huzza, the 41st!

                        Vic Suthren