Re: [WarOf1812] Family Games?

  • Peter Monahan
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 17, 2005
      Angela

      In addition to the Squire's suggestion, a skipping rope made of real rope and/or a rag stuffed ball (of leather orm cloth)would be appropriate for any age. A cutout wooden musket or pistol, while not "PC" in 2005 terms is very appropriate for 1812 and popular with all ages. In a pinch, crooked branches work too!

      You can probably recruit some olders as "sitters" who mwould take the littlers ona tour of the camp to meet the dogs and other kids too. Ask when you check in which families are there. Most of our young adults are very responsible that way! Hope to see you there.

      Peter Monahan,
      Royal Nfld Reg't

      From: Angela <deedle_momof3@...>
      Date: 2005/07/16 Sat PM 03:17:08 EST
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [WarOf1812] Family Games?

      G'Day Folks,

      Well, I'm tickled right pink! My husband has finally decided to join me in a re-enactment event this summer. He and our three children will be accompanying me on Sutler's Row at Wasaga Beach. After three years of pestering him, I really want him to enjoy this as the family event I've worked it up to being.

      Our three children are ages 2, 5 and 8. This was a last minute decision and there's no time to order and games via Jas Townsend or the like. Does anyone have any suggestions for games for us and the children? My husband is handy with woodwork and he'd have no problem whipping something up in time - I just haven't seen many family games around camp so am at a loss for ideas. My Google searches aren't helping much at all, unfortunately!

      Regards,

      Angela Bourbonnais (who's speed sewing their costumes)

      Peter Monahan
      petermonahan@...
      705-435-0953 home