Re: Friday evening and joining 'St Lawrence II', 15 July

  • suthren@magma.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2005
      Dear Mary

      Thanks for your note.

      We ask you all to arrive at the ship at Pier 4, Toronto, at or about 1800
      Friday 15 July, and on arrival to report to Scott Shank, captain of 'Saint
      Lawrence II' and our Flag Captain for the event, or his crew aboard. They
      will be expecting you. Because the public will be about, we would request
      that you change into relaxed 1812 kit on arrival at the ship once you've
      secured your bunk and 'signed on' as Capt Shank may require.

      I've asked A/Lt Patrick Schifferdecker to help Capt Shank have a meeting
      with the other brigantine captains at 2000 (suggested) to go over the
      Saturday sailing scenario, keeping in mind the requirement to be at anchor
      off Queen's Royal Park off NOTL by 1400 at the latest.

      The remainder of the evening is yours unless Capt Shank has intentions with
      regard to familiarization etc. And as departure will be very early the next
      AM he may wish all people to be in the ship by a certain time.

      Remember that meals in the ship only begin Saturday morning; you should look
      to provide yourself with supper Friday night.

      Separate message re: CMA follows.

      Yours aye
      Vic
      (Victor Suthren)