Re: [WarOf1812] GT camps

  • suthren@magma.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6 8:23 PM
      Dear Colin

      Although the naval camp has been listed as an encampment of the Naval
      Establishment, Crown Forces North America, a warm welcome was extended to
      USN re-enactors to attend and take part (and of course USMC) encamping
      together with Crown personnel. Responsible roles in this particular event,
      e.g. Longboat Flotilla Commander, Flag Captain, Flag Lieutenant(s), and so
      on are held, however, by NE/CFNA officers who re-enact either RN or
      Provincial Marine, and who meet the NE Rank Requirements. There is no
      separate command structure at the NOTL event for USN re-enactors, and we
      hope USN/USMC guests will be comfortable accepting RN/Provincial Marine
      leadership. If unwilling to do so, I am sure the separate land US
      command---which does exist---would be glad to welcome USN/USMC re-enactors
      into their ranks for the land events. The seamanship instruction, boat crew
      organization and deployment, and brigantine operations will be provided by
      NE/CFNA personnel for this event at least, hopefully to the comfort of
      USN/USMC colleagues who attend.

      Yours aye

      Vic Suthren

      Squadron Commodore pro tem