Re: Bev Nicol (Head of the Lake Trading) hospitalized again

  • mccombs98
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2005
      Hi Sioux,
      Though I don't know Bev from Adam, I do pass that hospital everyday.

      I would defer to your judgement whether he would enjoy a book I could
      lend him to read.

      It's actually a dissertation, but it has transcribed daily letters (3
      yrs) of a sutler of Albany NY (John Macomb) to various known British
      officers and characters during the French and Indian Wars (not our
      period,...but hey!) The best thing about these are the extensive
      footnotes that puts all into context.

      I could easily drop off Vol 1 (of 3).
      At 500 pages, it should keep him quiet for awhile, but that's IMHO.

      Please advise.
      Yours, etc, etc.
      Murray McCombs
      "the newbie"