1812 source book

  • J.Bruce Whittaker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
      "Hello - was wondering if some of the folks have a great 1812 source
      book
      similar to P. Katchers' The Civil War Source Book?"
      Greetings Rod,
      Asking to pick the top 5 1812 source books may be tough. I would
      suggest the following as a start.

      The War of 1812: Land Operations by George F.G. Stanley ISBN 0-7715-
      9859-8
      Amateurs, To Arms by John R Elting ISBN 0-945575-08-4
      The Incredible War of 1812 by J. Mackay Hitsman ISBN 1-896941-13-3
      I know there are many other books and many other opinions. This list
      is the place to ask.
      Regards,
      Bruce Whittaker
    • lalozon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
        From: "J.Bruce Whittaker" <ortheris@...>

        " ... was wondering if ... folks have a ... 1812 source book

        Try

        Lossing's Field Book on the War of 1812

        on the Internet at http://freepages.history.rootsweb.com

        Yrs.,