Re: [WarOf1812] Belly Dance

  • craig w
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2005
      Hey Squire!
      Ya do like girls don't cha?....Jus askn' (;^D

      Craig
      On Monday, May 2, 2005, at 11:11 AM, JOHN GREIG wrote:

      > Boring.
      > I think I would prefer to watch my musket go rusty !!!
      > Squire

      > THOUSANDS of square miles...

    • Angela
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2005
        Dear Squire,

        Come now - Did I asked whether or not you enjoyed it? Insult not necessary!

        Resources requested....... nothing more.

        Regards,
        Angela

        JOHN GREIG <je.greig@...> wrote:
        Boring.
        I think I would prefer to watch my musket go rusty !!!
        Squire

        ---------------------------------
        Crown Forces Unit Listing:
        http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

        American Forces Unit Lisiting
        http://usforces1812.tripod.com

      • fordsboy39
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2005
          "Boring.
          I think I would prefer to watch my musket go rusty !!!"
          Squire
          I would tend to think that after watching the right kind of belly
          dance you would be polishing your musket in no time. :)
          Gil Martin
        • Peter Monahan
          Message 4 of 6 , May 3, 2005
            I am prepared to grit my teeth and be scandalized if it would add to the historical impression and authenticity of the mess. No sacrifice is too great for our noble cause.. er hobby!

            Ensign (sometimes)Monahan
            From: craig w <sgtwarner@...>
            Date: 2005/05/02 Mon AM 11:19:27 EST
            To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] Belly Dance

            Hey Squire!
            Ya do like girls don't cha?....Jus askn' (;^D

            Craig
            On Monday, May 2, 2005, at 11:11 AM, JOHN GREIG wrote:

            > Boring.
            > I think I would prefer to watch my musket go rusty !!!
            > Squire

            > THOUSANDS of square miles...

            Peter Monahan
            petemonahan@...
            705-435-0953 H / 905-936-4743 W
          • lalozon
            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 2005
              From: "Peter Monahan" <petemonahan@...>

              I am prepared to grit my teeth ... if it would add to the historical
              impression and authenticity of the mess.

              Ensign (sometimes)Monahan,

              I would have to agree with my betters and the more educated ...
              that there is doubt a belly dancer would be hired to entertain in an Crown
              Officer's Mess in the Canadas

              In researching fairs, carnivals and circuses, possibly a bellydancer
              may have been obtained to entertain in Europe. Although most shows were
              Gypsies who juggled, danced and did acrobatic feats. In North America
              travelling shows didn't really show up till the mid 1800 the most famous was
              P. T. Barnum who maintained a Museum of Wonders. I have found no record of
              Belly Dancers in North America during 1800 - 1815.

              Possibly more research is needed .....

              Yrs.,
              L2