Belly Dance

  • JOHN GREIG
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2005
      Boring.
      I think I would prefer to watch my musket go rusty !!!
      Squire

    • craig w
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2005
        Hey Squire!
        Ya do like girls don't cha?....Jus askn' (;^D

        Craig
        On Monday, May 2, 2005, at 11:11 AM, JOHN GREIG wrote:

        > Boring.
        > I think I would prefer to watch my musket go rusty !!!
        > Squire

        > THOUSANDS of square miles...

      • Angela
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2005
          Dear Squire,

          Come now - Did I asked whether or not you enjoyed it? Insult not necessary!

          Resources requested....... nothing more.

          Regards,
          Angela

          JOHN GREIG <je.greig@...> wrote:
          Boring.
          I think I would prefer to watch my musket go rusty !!!
          Squire

          ---------------------------------
          Crown Forces Unit Listing:
          http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

          American Forces Unit Lisiting
          http://usforces1812.tripod.com

        • fordsboy39
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2005
            "Boring.
            I think I would prefer to watch my musket go rusty !!!"
            Squire
            I would tend to think that after watching the right kind of belly
            dance you would be polishing your musket in no time. :)
            Gil Martin
          • Peter Monahan
            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 2005
              I am prepared to grit my teeth and be scandalized if it would add to the historical impression and authenticity of the mess. No sacrifice is too great for our noble cause.. er hobby!

              Ensign (sometimes)Monahan
              From: craig w <sgtwarner@...>
              Date: 2005/05/02 Mon AM 11:19:27 EST
              To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] Belly Dance

              Hey Squire!
              Ya do like girls don't cha?....Jus askn' (;^D

              Craig
              On Monday, May 2, 2005, at 11:11 AM, JOHN GREIG wrote:

              > Boring.
              > I think I would prefer to watch my musket go rusty !!!
              > Squire

              > THOUSANDS of square miles...

              Peter Monahan
              petemonahan@...
              705-435-0953 H / 905-936-4743 W
            • lalozon
              Message 6 of 6 , May 3, 2005
                From: "Peter Monahan" <petemonahan@...>

                I am prepared to grit my teeth ... if it would add to the historical
                impression and authenticity of the mess.

                Ensign (sometimes)Monahan,

                I would have to agree with my betters and the more educated ...
                that there is doubt a belly dancer would be hired to entertain in an Crown
                Officer's Mess in the Canadas

                In researching fairs, carnivals and circuses, possibly a bellydancer
                may have been obtained to entertain in Europe. Although most shows were
                Gypsies who juggled, danced and did acrobatic feats. In North America
                travelling shows didn't really show up till the mid 1800 the most famous was
                P. T. Barnum who maintained a Museum of Wonders. I have found no record of
                Belly Dancers in North America during 1800 - 1815.

                Possibly more research is needed .....

                Yrs.,
                L2