Re: re:Boo on Red Coat units at Austerlitz

  • giiir
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2005
      I am sorry that you miss the point of my post, to wit that the
      Austrian troops who's presence at Waterloo you deplore are your hosts
      at Slavkov and the French tendency to want to dictate to the rest of
      the world hasn't changed significantly since 1805.
      Fred Fishell

      - In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "PEGGY MATHEWS" <ciefranche21e@m...>
      wrote:
      > Well, upping the ante a bit are we Mr. Fishell? I never said I
      didn't find the presence of Russians and Austrians and Italians (oh
      my!) at Waterloo disappointing. Since it is past tense though it
      seems hardly relevant, eh? The original call to arms for Austerlitz
      was pretty specific, and now they have changed the rules. Perhaps
      because being French is so much more popular and they need the
      opposing force? I could only speculate and that would be
      irresponsible on my part. However I am entitled to my opinion and in
      my opinion a 200th anniversary event on the near untouched same
      ground (no monuments to ego, just a cursed radar tower) should be
      held to a higher standard. Especially when, as Mr. Pickles points
      out, a simple disguise is readily available. I just hope I don't
      travel thousands of miles to be across the field from some redcoat
      unit.

      > Although a series of "witty" comebacks spring to mind after your
      ethnic slur, I'll take the high ground and let it pass. Live and let
      live.

      > Michael Mathews

      Red