Re: [WarOf1812] re:Boo on Red Coat units at Austerlitz

  • PEGGY MATHEWS
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2005
      Well, upping the ante a bit are we Mr. Fishell? I never said I didn't find the presence of Russians and Austrians and Italians (oh my!) at Waterloo disappointing. Since it is past tense though it seems hardly relevant, eh? The original call to arms for Austerlitz was pretty specific, and now they have changed the rules. Perhaps because being French is so much more popular and they need the opposing force? I could only speculate and that would be irresponsible on my part. However I am entitled to my opinion and in my opinion a 200th anniversary event on the near untouched same ground (no monuments to ego, just a cursed radar tower) should be held to a higher standard. Especially when, as Mr. Pickles points out, a simple disguise is readily available. I just hope I don't travel thousands of miles to be across the field from some redcoat unit.

      Although a series of "witty" comebacks spring to mind after your ethnic slur, I'll take the high ground and let it pass. Live and let live.

      Michael Mathews

      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2005
        I am sorry that you miss the point of my post, to wit that the
        Austrian troops who's presence at Waterloo you deplore are your hosts
        at Slavkov and the French tendency to want to dictate to the rest of
        the world hasn't changed significantly since 1805.
        Fred Fishell

        - In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "PEGGY MATHEWS" <ciefranche21e@m...>