RE:NWCo. beginings

  • macomb@pop.ca.inter.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2005

      Really? Could you give me more info about that, I've always been under the
      impression that they were based in Montreal (with offices in London and, no
      doubt, Detroit). But my research focuses more on their western operations, I
      have a lot to learn about the administration of the company.

      Your humble & obedient servant,
      Angela Gottfred
      <<<<
      Angela,
      It's enough to drive one crazy trying to figure out who was with what
      partnership in the fur trade in Canada, especially during the early British
      years.

      My main reference is "Fur Trade in Canada", by Harold A. Innis. I consider
      this the leading scholarly publication on the subject, but the actual
      orgins of the NWCo. hasn't been known pre 1796, except from isolated