Beer Wars was Canada and US re: Defence, 1812 and Now

  • lalozon
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2005
      From: "John Sek" <history@...>

      I feel like getting a Molson, I am Canadian!

      __________

      Molson Breweries that manufacture "Canadian Beer" is owned by Coors Brewing
      Company, Golden, Colorado, USA!

      It was also reported by Global TV 6pm News (Toronto/Canadian TV) that Labatt
      Breweries of Canada are said to be closing their Toronto Brewery

      Possibly a Guinness will help us through this bad news ......
    • Five Rivers Chapmanry
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2005
        Guinness won't help either. If you want to be truly Canadian you need to
        support one of hundreds of micro-breweries, many of them award winning
        breweries I might add. Here in Ontario I can think of several: Steamwhistle
        Brewery, Wellington Brewery, Creemore Springs Brewery, Neustadt Springs
        Brewery, Formosa Springs Brewery - to name but a few. There are a plethora
        of other breweries across Canada.

        Down with the big brewery swill! Drink real beer! Because you're a real
        Canadian. :-)

        Regards
        Lorina
        Five Rivers Chapmanry
        historical sewing patterns; quality, hand-crafted cooperage; embroidery
        supplies, and more.
        www.5rivers.org - info@...
        519-799-5577