Re: [WarOf1812] Battle of New Orleans

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 50 , Feb 28, 2005
      In a message dated 28/02/2005 19:28:18 Central Standard Time,
      capnwilliam@... writes:

      I'm Intererested in trying to get more local (New Orleans) people involved
      in the battle that's reenacted right in our back yard. I'm working with an
      umbrella group that's trying to recruit for the Baratarian cannoneers; Plauche's
      Battalion; and Beale's Rifle Company.

      If you're interested, please e-mail me, or be at the Battlefield at 10:00 AM
      Saturday, March 12.

      Capt. William

      I fear that John will be unable to be at the park at that time as he lives
      in Los Angeles! At the annual re-enactment he plays Col. Burgoine R.E. at the
      lantern tour. Though I am local I will be unable to be there myself, as I
      said I am tied up most Saturdays and Sundays.

      BTW thus morning I was holding in my hands the only rife known to have been
      carried by a member of Beals' Rifles, and a Brown Bess marked to the 7th Foot
      (Royal Fusiliers) both of which will be in the Historic New Orleans
      Collection exhibition on the battle that will commence in May.

    • flaterritory
      Message 50 of 50 , Jan 15, 2014

        I don't have as far to go as many of you, and just moved 450 miles closer to New Orleans, so it only takes me 6.5 hours to drive there now.  I will say start making reservations now, and I am planning it to be the event of a lifetime.  The warm weather was mentioned, but come prepared for anything because it could also be below freezing during the day as it was in 2010.  This year was on the warm side, but that is not always the case.

        Sincerely,

        Chris Kimball in Florida