RE: [WarOf1812] Brown Bess on eBay

  • Don Zorniak
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2005
      FYI

      This is the reply I received from the seller of the Brown Bess on eBay:

      Sorry but only Tower on the lock and manufacturers serial number or
      name.These are reproductions made in the same factory as Loyalist Arms
      from Canada.I am not selling antiques.

      Dbcurio

      Don Zorniak

      From: "Michael Mathews" <ciefranche21e@...>

      I find that a Brown Bess needing the touch-hole drilled out can be had
      on eBay for $375 (buy-it-now price) with $30 shipping in the US. Or you
      can start bidding on it for $350 USD.

      Michael et al,

      Rumour has it a used Dixie Gun Works "Japanese" Brown Bess in
      very good shape is for sale.

      Yrs.,

      L2

      'Semper Ubi Sub Ubi'

      The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the fate of hundreds
      of square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the fate of
      THOUSANDS of square miles...