Reading List

  • Michael Mathews
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 1999
      Salut!

      Things have been quiet for some time so I wondered if a worthwhile project
      for this esteemed and highly opinionated group would be developing a canon
      reading list for the War of 1812? Assuming of course that it hasn't
      already been done.

      It could include our favorite titles, favorite biased titles, stay away
      titles, etc. If people want to submit them to the list, perhaps with an
      explanation of why it's there, I'll keep track of them and post a "final"
      list. I know I tend to read more about the battles and skip over the rest
      with the claim, "I don't know what to read." So now that weak excuse can
      be taken away.

      I suppose in this enlightened technological world we could include videos,
      CD-roms, etc. in a special non-print category.

      Well, I'm off now to enjoy the long weekend, celebrating "Labor" day by
      doing nothing!

      Michael "pass me a cold one" Mathews

      Voice: (507) 285-7585 Fax: (507) 280-5568
      "Wit is educated insolence." -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)