2005 Siege of Fort Erie Unit Registration and Event Info.

  • Jim Hill
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2005
      Hello Folks

      For unit commanders or group leaders we have posted our registration
      form and event information at www.oldforterie.com under On-Line Siege
      Participant Registration.

      At the end of the form is the participant guidelines, the letter of
      invitation and the field safety rules. Everyone is welcome to have a
      look at all the information but we require only one registration per
      unit.

      There are a couple of changes for this year:
      1. The British Regulars are moving their camp to the west side of
      the fort/battlefield.
      2. All participants in period kit are being provided free admission
      to the Niagara Symphony concert that will be starting in the fort
      around 7pm on Friday the 5th of August (bring a chair.

      The site is also playing host to the annual Jacobite 1745 Event on
      May 21 & 22. We are having an American 1814 Garrison on July 2 & 3
      as our contribution to the Friendship Festival. Some Brit/Can/Native
      units have indicated an interest in having a garrison/drill weekend
      for their individual unit or group; this is first come first serve.
      In 2006, we will be commemorating the 140th of the Fenian Raid.

      In the coming weeks, there will be a standard mail out to units that
      have particpated in the past two years. The information is the same
      and we hope on-line registration continues to be popular. Again only
      one version of registration per unit/group is necessary and on-line
      updates, as numbers change, are welcome.

      If anyone has questions or requires a paper mail out, let me know.
      Jim Hill
      905 871-0540
      jhill@...

      See you this summer!