SUBSCRIBERS' CITIES - final!

  • Angela Gottfred
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2005

      Rochester, Minnesota
      Sacramento, Californa
      St Louis, Missouri
      St. Paul. Minnesota
      San Francisco, California
      Seattle, Washington
      Severn Maryland
      Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
      Smithfield (Isle of Wight county), Virginia
      Toledo, Ohio
      Tracy, California
      Troy, Michigan
      Tulsa, Oklahoma
      Uxbridge, Mass
      Valatie, New York
      Verona, Pennsylvania
      Virginia Beach, Virginia
      Wabasha, Minnesota
      Waterville, Ohio
      Waverly, Virginia
      Wilmington, North Carolina

      VENEZUELA
      Maracaibo
    • lalozon
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2005
        From: "Angela Gottfred" <agottfre@...>

        War of 1812 List - Subscribers' Cities
        Final List, as of 4 Feb 2005.
        Compiled by A. Gottfred

        ::::::::::::::::::::::

        Thank you so much Angela
        A few of us know how much work this was.

        We should all remember that we have subscribers from

        CANADA, ENGLAND, GERMANY, JAPAN, MEXICO, SCOTLAND, UNITED STATES and
        VENEZUELA

        the next time we post to this group and use City, and other area
        distinctions so all know where one is talking about.

        And this does not include the subscribers who lurk and never get or post
        emails to this group.

        This WarOf1812 Yahoo Group was created Oct 23, 1998 by Jim Yaworsky,

        as a forum for discussion of all aspects of the War of 1812-14 between the
        United Kingdom and the United States; including all related operations such
        as the Creek War in the southern United States. The War of 1812-14 as it
        related to the Napoleonic Wars. Causes of the War. Personalities, campaigns,
        the makeup, training, and equipment of the armies which fought in the war.
        Results of the war. Canada and the war. The naval War of 1812 as fought on
        the seven seas around the globe. This Yahoo Group is primarily designed to
        facilitate easy communications for REENACTORS

        .... and now has 498 members.

        Thanks Jim!

        ----------------
      • Phil Graf
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2005
          I missed most of the creation of this list, as I had been out of town for a few days, and had to wade through near 300 emails in my inbox, and a subscriber list by city didn't make the cut of what I could fully read. Just out of curiosity, who else is from Houston besides me?

          Phil Graf

        • CalvertMck@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 5, 2005
            Please add Chadds Ford, PA thanks

          • History
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 7, 2005
              Hello Everyone,

              I was approached by the organizers for the Fort Erie Friendship Festival who would like to see if it is possible for a staged re-enactment on either Saturday, July 2 or Sunday, July 3. Obviously, the timing does coincide with the actual American crossing in 1814, but the intention is to give the rather large attendees at the Festival, a sneak look at a re-enactment. Probably would do some good for the Siege of Fort Erie as well since Niagara Parks does not advertise the event.

              Obviously, a number of considerations will need to be address. As this is a festival ground with numbers from past years suggesting that crowds of 25,000 to 50,000 people at any one time is possble. Festival is completely free, no cover charge. All cost is paid from local Bingo revenues. The event covers both Canadian and US national days of independence from June 30 to July 4 this year.

              The Festival is held along the Niagara Blvd in Fort Erie. They suggest holding the re-enactment at Mathers Arch (about 2km north of the Fort). They have their own and very significant security force. Thus crowd control is not an issue.

              There would not be any opportunity to camp out on the festival grounds (not recommended), however, I know that Jim Hill at the Fort would be thrill to have something happen at the Fort as well, including camping overnight. Other arrangements could also be made, and for now, I would volunteer Brad Maves or even my place for those who wish to make a night of it.

              First question to ask of everyone is there any interest to attended? Depending upon numbers showing interest, will determine what can be done.

              The lands are property of Niagara Parks, and thus their rules will apply. All of this is still very preliminary.

              I would also like to hear comments as to expectations from those who participate. My initial thoughts would be a secured place to prepare and dress ourselves. Re-imbursement say of powder and perhaps a free meal. The Legion is literally abutting to Mathers Arch and this may serve well.

              Probably best to contact me off-line or call me at (289) 213-0873 daytime or (905) 871-7449 in the evenings.

              Best regards,
              John Sek

              mailto:history@...