African Heritage Month (Black Heritage Month)

  • lalozon
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
      From: "ray hobbs" <ray.hobbs@...>

      " .... Pierpoint is never recorded as having converted to Christianity..."

      So Mr. Hobbs,

      ... there was at least one 1812 soldier who was not a Methodist! :^)

      YHS,
      L2
    • PETER CATLEY
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
        Not true Larry, he just didn't know he was a
        Methodist.

        Cheers

        P**

        --- lalozon <lalozon@...> wrote:

        > From: "ray hobbs" <ray.hobbs@...>
        >

        > " .... Pierpoint is never recorded as having
        > converted to Christianity..."
        >

        > So Mr. Hobbs,
        >

        > ... there was at least one 1812 soldier who was
        > not a Methodist! :^)
        >

        > YHS,
        > L2

        > the fate of hundreds of square miles: in North
        > America, hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS
        > of square miles...

      • ray hobbs
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
          Right - and there were a few others, dogans, dissenters (the accursed
          Baptists), and a very few Anglicans.
          I believe in the period, Pte Pierpoint would have been called a "Turk".
          Somewhere in the back of my mind I have recollection of such a one
          being a member of the GLI. Does anyone have further information on this?
          As for Pensioner Catley's point - if he was, he'd have known! :-)
          Ray H
          41st Regt.

          On Tuesday, February 1, 2005, at 12:00 PM, lalozon wrote:

          > From: "ray hobbs" <ray.hobbs@...>
          >

          > " .... Pierpoint is never recorded as having converted to
          > Christianity..."
          >

          > So Mr. Hobbs,
          >

          > ... there was at least one 1812 soldier who was not a Methodist! :^)
          >

          > YHS,
          > L2

          > THOUSANDS of square miles...

        • PETER CATLEY
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
            I have seen them refered to as Musselmen but do not
            know if this was a wide spread term.

            P**

            ---------------------------------

            wrote:

            > From: "ray hobbs" <ray.hobbs@...>
            >

            > " .... Pierpoint is never recorded as having
            converted to
            > Christianity..."
            >

            > So Mr. Hobbs,
            >

            > ... there was at least one 1812 soldier who was
            not a Methodist! :^)

            > YHS,
            > L2

            the fate of hundreds
            > of square miles: in North America, hundreds
            determined the fate of
            > THOUSANDS of square miles...

            The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the
            fate of hundreds of square miles: in North America,
            hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS of square
            miles...

            ---------------------------------
            Crown Forces Unit Listing:
            http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

            American Forces Unit Lisiting
            http://usforces1812.tripod.com

            Terms of Service.
          • lalozon
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
              From: "PETER CATLEY" <peter.catley@...>

              Not true Larry, he just didn't know he was a Methodist.

              From: "Ray Hobbs" <ray.hobbs@...>

              As for Pensioner Catley's point - if he was, he'd have known! :-)

              Mr. Catley, he'd might have known he was a Methodist
              kuz it would have said so on his Sunday Offering Envelope :-)

              Now right then Sirs,

              Whats we gots to find are those 'Kosher Druids' ... like the Squire! :^)

              They don't necessarily wake up hugging an oak tree ....

              ...... any bush, vine or tree will do ...... :^)