Re: Off Topic Request.

  • Cpl_Otter@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 4, 2005
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Catley" <peter.catley@b...>
      wrote:

      In particular I'm looking for a
      > recommendation of a biography of General R.E.Lee. I've just
      finished Burke
      > Davis' "Gray Fox" but that ends with the surrender at Appomattox,
      what
      > happens afterwards? He lived another five years and........!!

      There was a book out about twenty years ago called "Lee: The Last
      Years" by Charles Bracelen Flood. I haven't read it, but I remember
      it getting quite a bit of acclaim, and as the title suggests, it
      focuses on those years after the war when he was at Washington & Lee
      University (then Washington College). I think at the time it was a
      Book of the Month Club selection and best seller. I see from Amazon
      that it is still in print.