Sad news from Sutlers' Row

  • Susan Spencer McLean
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2004
      Today we have lost a dear friend. As many of you may know, Linda Szabo,
      cherished wife of Les Szabo of The Lion's Den, was diagnosed with
      stomach cancer in October. She fought courageously against this
      horrible disease, but succumbed to its ravages last night at the William
      Osler Center in Brampton, Ontario, where she passed peacefully in her
      sleep. Although she had been on the road with Les for only a year, her
      infectious smile, generous heart, and vivacious spirit made a lasting
      and uplifting impression on everyone who met her. Certainly her impact
      on Les' life was huge -- the happiness that the two of them crammed into
      a single year together was more than many people experience in a lifetime.

      I had the privilege of visiting Linda in the hospital not long ago, and
      I was astonished at the grace and poise with which she was carrying on.
      Bright pink bandanna on her head and mischievous grin firmly in place,
      she continued to tease Les, make jokes, and tell stories, just as
      always. The card that so many of you signed at the Christmas Gathering
      was at her side, and she took great delight in hearing all of your kind
      greetings and warm thoughts read aloud. We can all be comforted by the
      fact that she was truly at peace with what laid ahead for her, and by
      her unshakeable faith that her spirit was ready for the next step in her
      journey.

      Wherever you are today, dear Linda, know that we're thinking of you and
      that you'll always have a very special place in our hearts.

      Messages of condolence may be sent to Les at les.szabo@....

      Sutler Cyrus has put together a memorial page for Linda, which you are
      very welcome to visit at: www.cyruswakefield.com/linda.htm

      Details of the funeral services will be set shortly, and I will post
      them as soon as they're confirmed.

      In sadness,
      -- Sioux

    • britishnativeallies
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2004
        The British Native Allies wish to extend our prayers and condolences
        to Les, his family and friends.

        Onenkiwahi (we shall meet again)!

        Your King's Faithful Allies, BNA