Re: Re-enactor's Insurance

  • David Brunelle
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 1999
      Dear Re-enactor's

      The Military Establishment of Upper Canada has a insurance policy to
      protect all its mambers, events and volunteers. If their is any
      re-enactors or groups that do not have insurance you should. If you would
      like to be covered under our policy and be a member of the group its cost
      $20.00 per person with a musket and their immediate family members our also
      covered. You can portray any unit that you wish and you are covered. For
      more details give send me a e-mail.

      Take Care!

      Dave Brunelle

      ----------
      > From: Michael Mathews <mmathews@...>
      > To: WarOf1812@onelist.com
      > Subject: [WarOf1812] Quotable Quotes: Was Chronical of 1812 et others
      > Date: Friday, August 27, 1999 10:45 AM
      >
      > From: mmathews@... (Michael Mathews)
      >
      > >Well to laugh Gentlemen,
      > >but believe it or not this movie,
      > >which in Southwestern Ontario
      > >has a number of names and
      > >cover photos for the cassette,
      > >depending on what video store
      > >you go to, has been responsible
      > >for 2 new re-enactors joining
      > >the Hobby.
      > >
      > >Ours is not to question why,
      > >it just happened.........
      > >
      > >And all due to Craig's performance.
      > >Thanks Craig!
      > >
      > >Good or bad, any production of
      > >out time period puts our hobby
      > >in the limelight.
      >
      > (HUGE snip of old messages and HTML)
      >
      > I think it was Oscar Wilde who said: "The only thing worse than being
      > talked about is NOT being talked about." So I agree with you, and that's
      > why with all their faults I think Sharpe and Hornblower (for example) are
      > very good things for reenacting.
      >
      > Michael
      >
      > Michael Mathews -- Winona State University
      > Voice: (507) 285-7585 Fax: (507) 280-5568
      > ------------------------------
      > "Wit is educated insolence." -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

      > ATTENTION ONElist MEMBERS: Get your ONElist news!
      > Join our MEMBER NEWSLETTER here:

      square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS
      of square miles...
    • Christopher Franke
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 28, 1999
        David Brunelle wrote:

        > From: "David Brunelle" <brunelle@...>
        >
        > Dear Re-enactor's
        >
        > The Military Establishment of Upper Canada has a insurance policy to
        > protect all its mambers, events and volunteers. If their is any
        > re-enactors or groups that do not have insurance you should. If you would
        > like to be covered under our policy and be a member of the group its cost
        > $20.00 per person with a musket and their immediate family members our also
        > covered. You can portray any unit that you wish and you are covered. For
        > more details give send me a e-mail.
        >
        > Take Care!
        >
        > Dave Brunelle
        >
        > ----------
        > > From: Michael Mathews <mmathews@...>
        > > To: WarOf1812@onelist.com
        > > Subject: [WarOf1812] Quotable Quotes: Was Chronical of 1812 et others
        > > Date: Friday, August 27, 1999 10:45 AM
        > >
        > > From: mmathews@... (Michael Mathews)
        > >
        > > >Well to laugh Gentlemen,
        > > >but believe it or not this movie,
        > > >which in Southwestern Ontario
        > > >has a number of names and
        > > >cover photos for the cassette,
        > > >depending on what video store
        > > >you go to, has been responsible
        > > >for 2 new re-enactors joining
        > > >the Hobby.
        > > >
        > > >Ours is not to question why,
        > > >it just happened.........
        > > >
        > > >And all due to Craig's performance.
        > > >Thanks Craig!
        > > >
        > > >Good or bad, any production of
        > > >out time period puts our hobby
        > > >in the limelight.
        > >
        > > (HUGE snip of old messages and HTML)
        > >
        > > I think it was Oscar Wilde who said: "The only thing worse than being
        > > talked about is NOT being talked about." So I agree with you, and that's
        > > why with all their faults I think Sharpe and Hornblower (for example) are
        > > very good things for reenacting.
        > >
        > > Michael
        > >
        > > Michael Mathews -- Winona State University
        > > Voice: (507) 285-7585 Fax: (507) 280-5568
        > > ------------------------------
        > > "Wit is educated insolence." -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

        > > ATTENTION ONElist MEMBERS: Get your ONElist news!
        > > Join our MEMBER NEWSLETTER here:
        > >
        > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------> > The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the fate of hundreds of
        > square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS
        > of square miles...

        > ONElist: your connection to people who share your interests.
        >
        > ------------------------------------------------------------------------> The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the fate of hundreds of square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the fate of
        THOUSANDS of square m

        Salut Dave,
        Yes I would like to see what you have re-insurance, I'm insured with the
        Living history group in the USA. 19th Lt dragoons and 7e hussards
        Chris
      • David Brunelle
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 25, 1999
          Dear Chris,

          The Military Establishment of Upper Canada has a sound 3rd person
          liability policy that protects all of its members, staff and volunteers.
          This policy also extends to boats and event hosting as well. The cost is
          $20.00 per man at arms and his/her family is factored into the $20.00. If
          you should have any questions about the policy please e-mail me for more
          details!

          Dave Brunelle

          P.S. - It is a 2 million dollar policy!