Holiday Wishes

  • Susan Spencer McLean
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2004
      As I sat at my window last night, looking out at the beautiful blue
      moonlight shining on the unbroken blanket of new snow, my thoughts
      turned to the many good people who I've have the pleasure of
      encountering and cultivating friendships with through our shared passion
      for history. You are truly a special group of people -- warm, friendly,
      caring, and full of fun. It is a joy to know you, and an honour to
      count you as my friends.

      Thank you to all of you who have shown me so many kindnesses, both large
      and small, this year. Thank you also to those who offered your hands,
      your hearts, and your shoulders to help and support me in my times of
      need. I shall never forget your generosity and your greatness of spirit.

      As a deer wandered up to browse on the crabapples that still clung to
      their naked branches, shrivelled but sweet, my thoughts turned also to
      those who through duty, need, or circumstance are far from their loved
      ones or from a place of comfort and safety this holiday season. Let us
      each spare a thought during this busy time for those folks, and let us
      honestly hope that their situations improve during the coming year --
      and let those of us who have the resources make an effort during the
      coming year to ease the suffering of someone else in the world, be they
      close at hand or in some far-flung place.

      This is truly a magical time of year. May the feelings of wonder and
      contentment that abound during this season follow you throughout the
      year, and may you find your lives enriched and strengthened by them.

      The very best of wishes to all for a peaceful and joyous holiday, and
      for a safe, happy, and prosperous New Year.
      -- Sioux