Re: News from the far West

  • dancingbobd@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2004
      Greetings,

      On this past Saturday my local F & I group [which includes Brit's,
      French & Indians] celebrated the Christmas season as part of a "Visit
      with St. Nicholas" at a local city park with old building donated to
      form a village.

      We were in a log cabin away from the 19th Cen. dwellings and had a
      veritable feast including roast pork, vinegar slaw, a hot pot, rice
      pudding, bread & cheese and for my first time HAGGIS! Locally made and
      it was quite spicy having a lot of black pepper. Was boiled in a large
      pot of "neeps and tatties" and was great and topped it off with a piece
      of black walnut pie. Oh the horrors of having to eat period meals

      I'll quit bragging. No sutlers, but a great way to begin celebrating
      the holidays!

      Regards,

      Bob Dorian
      Independence, MO
      USA

      PS: During the recent visit of our President to Canada, the PM referred
      to those of us who live in the USA as Americans! If it's good enough
      for him, it's good enough for ME! Proud to be an American!!