single shot flintlock holster pistol for sale

  • Scott McMahon
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2004
      List,

      I've got a flintlock holster pistol I'm looking to sell and thought I'd lay
      it out for y'all to have a go at before moving it on to Ebay or some other
      sales outlet. It's a British Sea Service pistol as far as I know, has an
      iron ramrod and brass furniture. It looks more like a light dragoon pistol
      to me but I'm no expert on British firearms so I can't say. I think it's .62
      cal. but it's been so long since I've shot it I'm not sure... in short I
      can't tell you much about this thing other than it's a single shot,
      flintlock holster pistol from the late 18th century or early 19th century.
      The frizzen is slightly loose but this could be remedied with a shim in the
      frizzen bridle. The lock throws good sparks and as long as you've got a good
      flint in it it'll shoot. I'm asking a firm $150 for it plus whatever
      shipping is which shouldn't be too much. I'm attaching a picture of the
      pistol but if for some reason it doesn't come through let me know and I'll
      forward it to your personal email.

      Dios, libertad y Tejas,
      Scott McMahon
      S.W. Frontiers Mntd. Ranging Co.

      "It was not unusual, on the march from the Rio Grande, to behold the most
      decided evidences of terror and apprehension among the Mexican inhabitants,
      and more particularly whenever they caught sight of the Texas rangers...The
      husbandman would shrink behind the covert of muskeet bushes lining the
      roadside, while his wife and daughters, would press their trembling lips to
      the glittering crosses suspended from their necks, and hurriedly murmur
      forth a fervent prayer to "our Lady of Gaudalupe,"

      John S. Jenkins- History of the War Between the United States and Mexico