"siege" of Niagara

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2004
      From: "Mark Ibbotson"

      "Could someone enlighten me as to what regiment stormed the "five nations
      gate" during the taking of fort Niagara 1813."

      "The Old Fort Niagara site does not detail what regiment stormed the 5
      nations
      gate along with the artillery men so any insight would be more than welcome
      (nor
      do any other internet sources that i have found)."

      ***********

      Mark:

      Not only did I suggest visiting the Fort's web site but also
      contacting Doug DeCroix with you questions.

      Please note (see below) the willingness of Doug DeCroix,
      d_squared6@... Director of Research & Special Programs at Fort
      Niagara to supply information about the site if contacted, as my earlier
      post suggested.

      I hope this helps with your quest for information about Fort
      Niagara.

      Yrs.,

      L2